Ledger Nano S: secure multi-currency hardware wallet
Ledger Nano S is a secure Bitcoin and Ethereum hardware wallet. It connects to any computer through USB and embeds a built-in OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its side buttons.
- Cryptographic secrets protected by a secure chip
- Bitcoin and Ethereum support (Open Source apps)
- Confirmation of transactions on the embedded screen
- Built-in 4 digit PIN security lock
- Built-in onboarding (seed generation and recovery)
- BIP39 seed (12/18/24 words), easy backup and restoration
- Multi-apps support: FIDO U2F, GPG, SSH…
- USB connectivity
- Foldable and compact casing
- Compatible with Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome application and Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome application
Features with Firmware 1.2
To unlock these features, it is necessary to install the firmware 1.2.
- Passphrase support for plausible deniability or seed backup protection (compatible with BIP39)
- Alternative duress PIN
- Shuffle PIN option
- Token & basic contract support (data field) for Ethereum
- MyEtherWallet integration on Chrome and Opera without third party extensions
- Support for GreenAddress & Greenbits (Android, desktop coming soon)
- Litecoin support
- Ledger Manager: application & firmware updates
Nano S is architectured around the BOLOS platform, a powerful and flexible Operating System allowing the secure execution of multiple Open Source applications in full isolation.